Requirements and Necessary Documents
The Hazelwood Police Explorer Post 9217 is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of age, citizenship (including citizenship status), color, disbaility, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
To participate in the explorers program with the Hazelwood Police Department, all candidates must:
- Be at least 14 years of age (entering the 9th grade), thru 21 years of age (participants may remain in the program until their 21st birthday).
- Be a United States Citizen or a lawful resident alien.
- Must have proof of active enrollment in school and maintain a 2.0 or higher G.P.A. while in the program.
- Be drug (illegal) free, including alcohol and tobacco free (unless of legal age).
- Must have a good moral character as determined by a background check and must not have a criminal or gang background or involvement.
- Provide a copy of his/her birth certificate and photo I.D. (driver's license if applicable)
- Give 100% commitment to the mandatory weekly meetings and assigned details.
- Have the complete support from parents/guardians.
Applications may be obtained at the Hazelwood Police Department, 415 Elm Grove Ln. Hazelwood, MO 63042. You may also print out an application by clicking below. Until you are accepted into the program, pass your background check and probationary period, attire to be worn at meetings is business casual.